Elyon College firmly believes that every individual was created by G-d to contribute to this world in a meaningful fashion through the maximum utilization of his/her particular abilities and talents. Therefore, our college has been designed to foster within each student a sense of self-esteem and a desire to make a positive change in society at large. We challenge our students to achieve their utmost and inculcate them with the knowledge and skills that fully actualize their potential, developing their respect for productivity and love for lifelong learning.
At our college, we believe that, in order to achieve utmost self-actualization and self sufficiency, an individual must have the training that will lead to meaningful and constructive employment. We teach students the skills necessary to utilize their talents and become gainfully employed and successful in their ongoing educational endeavors, higher education or academic pursuits. Students are encouraged to develop a sense of social responsibility and become active participants in our global community, thereby making a positive difference in society.
The mission of Elyon College is two fold: to prepare individuals for employment as Jewish community workers, educators and leaders, as well as to prepare individuals for careers in the field of business. This is accomplished in an atmosphere that promotes self development and a commitment to contributing selflessly to others. Consistent with its stated mission, Elyon College supports the following goals and objectives:
- To provide educational opportunities through a concentrated and structured program of study that prepares students for education-related careers and community leadership
- To provide educational opportunities that enable students to acquire the requisite skills that will allow them to gain employment in the fields of accounting and business technology
- To maintain the programs that are directly related to the mission of the college, since they will prepare students for gainful employment, further their education, and achieve their career goals. In a supportive and caring learning environment, Elyon College students will learn to be proud of their capabilities, responsible citizens, and ready, willing and able to become meaningful contributors to their communities
- To encourage caring, commitment, service, professionalism and ethical practices
- To develop and offer curricula that provide an integral sequence of courses leading to the acquisition of coherent, reliable, and current knowledge
- To incorporate learning experiences that foster the ability to think critically, to work cooperatively, and utilize effective communication skills
- To maintain on-going contact with the community through organizations and agencies
- To monitor programs on a continuous basis to assess their outcomes
- To provide the foundations that will enable Elyon College graduates to pursue education at four-year institutions and instill a strong commitment to life long learning
- To offer students close personal attention and advisement to ensure individual success
- To provide graduates with assistance with job placement, and opportunities for continued education
- To provide appropriate student services, including financial aid, academic advising, career placement, and other relevant support
- To foster the development of a highly qualified faculty that has a strong educational background and significant practical experience
- To support the academic achievement of all students
- To facilitate the academic programs with appropriate facilities, state-of-the-art equipment and timely access to learning resources.